Given the current situation that many of us across the world find ourselves in, keeping good oral and personal hygiene has arguably never been more important.
All of us are going through a lot of changes right now, the novel corona virus (COVID-19) has disrupted our lives in many ways. While there are a lot of things we can’t do, we can still take care of our dental and overall health. We’re here to help with tips and answers.
How should I keep my teeth healthy during COVID-19?
With a lot of us working from home and adjusting to new routines, it’s easy to put aside our dental and general health. Here are a few tips to help:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer gel when this is not possible.
- Staying at home and Social distancing.
- Brushing at least twice a day.
- Flossing once a day as this helps remove bacteria and plaque in places your brush cannot get to.
- Eat a well-balanced diet which includes fruits and vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water as this flushes bacteria away and refreshes your body.
- Get plenty rest.
- Exercise and flushes bacteria away regularly.
- Reduce sticky foods and sugary drinks such as carbonated drinks as this can harm tooth surfaces and lead to cavity.
- Avoid smoking as it limits blood flow to your mouth, making it easier for bacteria to grow.
In cases of emergency like pain and gum swelling, please visit your dentist as soon as possible.
We want to help you, we like healthy smiles!