Emergency Dental Services Lagos
Call Choice Dental on +234 81 1113 1200 or 0700-DENTIST
when you need emergency dental treatment in Lagos.
We are always happy to take care of you!
If you’ve been in an accident that has seriously damaged your teeth, or the pain of toothache is becoming unbearable reach out to the team here at Choice Dental Lagos. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL IT IS A TRUE EMERGENCY, THIS COULD CAUSE DEATH!
We know that dental emergencies can happen at any time. That is why we leave appointment times open to see patients with urgent dental needs. Or you may decide to walk-in to our office.
If you call our dental emergency hotline, we will do our best to see you same day and as soon as possible. We know that acting fast can mean the difference between keeping and losing teeth in an emergency.
You can also trust our team to help you feel relaxed during what is likely to be a traumatic time for you. We’ve successfully handled all kinds of dental emergencies and will know what to do in your case.
What is considered a dental emergency in Lagos?
If you are experiencing any of the following, you should call us for emergency dental treatment in Lagos:
- One or more teeth have been knocked out
- A tooth has been cracked, chipped, or broken
- You have bitten your tongue or lip
- One or more of your teeth have become loose
- You have tooth pain that over-the-counter medication is not helping
- You have damaged a crown, filling, or bridge
- You are in pain following recent dental treatment
- You have a swelling in the gum, mouth, face under the lower jaw bone
Whatever your emergency, the Choice Dental team is committed to helping you get your life back to normal as quickly as possible.
While you are waiting for your emergency treatment (and hopefully you won’t have to wait long) there are steps you can take to alleviate your symptoms:
What to do if you have a toothache:
- Rinse out your mouth with warm, salty water
- Apply an ice pack to ease the swelling and relieve the pain
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever (but don’t apply it directly to the tooth
What to do if a tooth has been broken or knocked out:
- Gargle with warm water
- Carefully rinse the knocked out or damaged tooth to remove any dirt and try to replace it in its socket (most teeth can be saved if they are replaced in their socket within an hour of falling out)
- If this isn’t possible, put the tooth in a jar or bottle filled with milk or water with salt in it and bring to our dental office.
What to do if a dental filling falls out:
- Use sugar-free gum to cover the cavity. You can also use dental cement which you can buy from pharmacies
What to do if a dental crown falls out:
- Use dental cement or toothpaste to try and affix the crown to the exposed tooth
- If you are in pain, apply clove oil to the tooth
What to do if your tooth braces or wires break:
- Try and push the broken pieces back into place with the eraser end of a pencil
- If this doesn’t work, use orthodontic wax or gauze to cover the broken end
- Don’t cut the broken end as pieces of the brace can be swallowed
What to do if you have an abscess( swelling):
- Gargle with warm water and salt to ease the pain. This should be done several times daily as it will kill the bad bacteria and ease the infection.
When you have a dental emergency in Lagos, Ikoyi, Lekki or Eko Atlantic, think Choice Dental. We could be able to help you faster than anyone else.
Call +234 81 1113 1200 or 0700-DENTIST.