Lola is looking forward to her regular check-up and cleaning at the Dental office. This already puts her ahead of at least 99% of Nigerians who skip their six monthly dental checkups.
The dentist tells her that she needs “Deep cleaning” !
The fee is even much higher than that of her regular cleaning. Could this be a scam?
What is deep cleaning?
- Also known as Scaling and root planning
- Very much an established dental treatment and standard procedure
- Needed when regular cleaning had been done routinely and X-rays were not taken to verify the need or where regular professional cleanings had not been done routinely
- Scaling is removal of hard deposit (tartar or calculus) and bacteria from above and below the gum line. Tartar destroys the bony support of the teeth.
- Done manually or with ultrasonic scalers and may require several visits.
- May need to be numbed for the procedure : each quadrant cleaning may be up to 45mins
- You may need deep cleaning often if you neglect your oral health.
- Improvement after the process should be noticed within days especially if you continue with good oral hygiene practices
- Sensitivity is one of the side effects of this procedure
Choice Dental Clinic in Victoria Island Lagos is your preferred dental clinic for deep cleaning. Give us a call today or stop by.
Phone: +234 811 113 1200
Address: 1378D Karimu Kotun Street Victoria Island, Lagos OR 2 Joseph Nahman Close
Victoria Island, Lagos